In this modern time, technology has grown so fast, including the evolution of the washing machines.
Back then, people need to go to the river and wash their own clothes manually using a washing board like in Picture 1. But nowadays we don’t need to do that anymore because there is a washing machine.
A washing machine is a machine that is designed to clean our clothes. Usually, a washing machine can only be used to wash not drying because it can only be found in specifics business industries.
The common washing machine that can be found on the market has some type like top-loading one or two tubes and front loading. Each type has its own weakness and strength.
1. Two Tube Top Loading Washing Machine
This washing machine consists of 2 tubes and a container to wash with each tube has different functions. The big tube can be used to wash the clothes and fabrics, while the little one is used to dry it.
The part of two-tube washing machine has 2 drive motors, so each tube can be used together simultaneously. For this type of washing machine, the weakness and strengths that it has are:
- Economical. This type of washing machine is the cheapest of them all. This is because this type of washing machine is designed to be economical without removing it’s function as a washing machine. Another reason is because the techonology that is being used in this machine is very simple, without using the controller.
- Easily treated. Due to its price, the service and spareparts is also reachable and very cheap. Beside that, if one tube is broken or damaged the other tube can still be used.
It is not practical. Due to there is no automation in this type of machine, the user needs to put more effort into each washing process like rinsing and drying. The user also needs to move their clothes manually from big tube to small tube if they want to dry them.
2. One Tube Top Loading Washing Machine
This is the upgrade from the previous washing machine. In this washing machine, there’s only one tube like in picture 3 that functions as the tube to wash and also dry. This type of washing machine also has an automation feature.
The user only needs to put their clothes inside, and then the machine will work until the clothes are ready to dry. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of this machine type:
Practical. This washing machine will do everything for you. You will only need to put out extra effort to fill in your own clothes and wait for the alarm to ring as it means that the clothes are already to be dried off.
- Not economical. Compared to the previous machine, this type of washing machine is relatively more expensive. This is because the added controller feature which should make it last longer.
- The drying rate is not optimal. Quoted from the Sharp page, a technology company based in Japan as well as one of the manufacturers of washing machines, this type of washing machine is only able to dry clothes up to 70%.
- Extra water. The same thing was revealed by the Sharp company that this type of washing machine requires a large volume of water and can exceed the water consumption of a two-tube top loading washing machine.
- The treatment is quite complicated. If there is damage to one of the spare parts, the washing machine will turn off completely or cannot be used at all. Another thing, the price of spare parts or single tube washing machine components is also quite expensive, especially in the controller section.
3. Single Tube Front Loading Washing Machine
The single tube front loading washing machine is the evolution of the previous washing machine. This type of machine work automatically just like a single-tube washing machine, the only difference is the mouth tube is located in the front of the machine like in picture 4 and the twist is also vertical.
This machine has one drive motor to power the machine. In this type of machine, here are the weakness and its strength:
- Practical. This washing machine will do everything for you. You will only need to put out extra effort to fill in your own clothes and wait for the alarm to ring as it means that the clothes are already to be dried off.
- Efective. According to the Sharp statement. This type of washing machine will lesser the probablity for our clothes to be damaged due to vertical spinning in this machine.
- Extra dry. Still referring to the washing machine manufacturer Sharp, the dryness level produced by this washing machine is able to break the 90% mark.
- Expensive. Due to using the latest technology and complete feature, this type of washing machine is the most expensive of them all.
- Need more electricity. This type of machine need more electricity than the previous type.
- The treatment is quite complicated. If there is damage to one of the spare parts, the washing machine will turn off completely or cannot be used at all. Another thing, the price of spare parts for this type of washing machine is also quite expensive, especially in the controller section.