Tractors are one of the modern agricultural tools that are often used. There are two- and four-wheeled tractors. A four-wheeled tractor is a type of tractor that has more advanced technological features than two-wheeled tractors because its utilization and function have been adjusted based on human needs.
Types of Four-Wheeled Tractors
The number of human needs makes this tractor classified based on the function it provides. Here are types of four-wheeled tractors based on their functions:
- Crawler Tractor. Tractors with chains.
- Standard Row Crop. Tractors meant for plantation land.
- High Clearance. Tractors that have a fairly high shape, especially the distance between the tractor body and the ground. This tractor is suitable for vegetable and shoot plantations.
- Orchard. Tractors are suitable for plantation areas with large trees. Its slim shape makes it easy to operate especially when turning.
- Multipurpose. This one tractor is used for various types of farming, gardening, and other activities.
- Lawn and Garden. As the name implies, this tractor is meant for lawns and gardens.
- Tree Skidder. This one tractor is used to pull logs that have been felled.
- Skid Steer Loader. Tractors that have a loader on the front body.
- Four-Wheeled Drive with Front Steering Wheel. Tractors whose front wheels are smaller than the rear wheels. This is due to the aim to produce a strong pull.
- Four-Wheeled Drive with Equal Sized Wheel and Articulated Steel Framing. Tractors that have the same wheel size between the front and the rear. This tractor is meant for heavy work.
Components of Four-Wheeled Tractor
Moving a four-wheeled tractor requires a lot of power. This is why four-wheeled tractors are also referred to as heavy equipment. So that the components needed are more complete than those of the two-wheeled tractor. Here are the components of a four-wheeled tractor.
- Operator’s seat. This component serves as a place for the operator to sit and control the tractor.
- Steering wheel. This component is used to control and direct the tractor’s motion.
- Rearview mirror. The rearview mirror is installed to make it easier for the operator to see in all directions, especially the rear as the operator’s blind spot.
- Roof. The roof protects the operator from the hot sun.
- Turn lights. It works as a sign that the tractor will turn or change direction.
- Rotary plow. A rotating blade used for plowing and cultivating the land.
- Hydraulic Adjusting Lever. The function of this tool is to move the hydraulic system on the tractor.
- Brake pedal. The brake pedal is useful for holding and reducing the speed of the tractor.
- Front weights. Front weight adds traction while preventing backward tips.
- Front lamp. It serves to provide lighting on the front road that will be traversed by the tractor.
- Machine. The machine functions as a boost so that the tractor can run.
Those are some of the important components that can be found on a four-wheeled tractor.